Friday 16 November 2012

My Cake Decorating Debut!

In 2009 I ventured into the world of cake decorating! It was my Husbands 30th Birthday and I really wanted a special cake that both looked great and tasted great. I had always been a very good baker of cakes and desserts, however I had never attempted a novelty cake. I decided that as 90% of the birthday guests were young males, who most probably wouldn't look twice at the cake,  this was the perfect opportunity to have a go! If it was a disaster it would still taste great and no one would really care except me! In order to get myself started  I bought a cake decorating book and started teaching myself the different techniques required to create an amazing birthday cake. This is a picture of the final product! I was thrilled with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment